Friday links: An explanation for the Arrow of Time and the future of sin
Have a great weekend!
- Would a "complete understanding of everything" be boring?
- Derived from a deeper understanding of human immunology, artificial immune systems can be applied to a range of engineering problems.
- As wolves age their killer instinct fades, and humans are an acquired taste for lions.
- Using its ion propulsion, the spacecraft Dawn has been maneuvering through asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter on its way to a July 2011 encounter with the protoplanet Vesta.
- A speculative branch of physics, quantum cosmology, could explain the arrow of time, according to the physics arXiv blog. Unfortunately, there is no way of testing the theory.
- Looking for the "devil inside," new cognitive research could help explain temptation.
- Bob Berman's suggested at IF09 that any consistent "biocentric" science would first have to explain consciousness. Eric Schwitzgebel presents an argument against any general theory of consciousness.