Speakers confirmed for the 2007 ideaFestival now include:
- Shirin Ebadi - 2003 Nobel Peace Prize winner, lawyer and human rights activist known especially for her work on behalf of women and children. Ms. Ebadi is the first Iranian and muslim woman to be honored by the Nobel Committee.
- Homaro Cantu - "Molecular gastronomist." If that's confusing, see this Fast Company piece.
- James McLurkin - An MIT-based leader in distributed robotics and developer of the world’s largest “swarm” of robots (iRobot Swarm). His work has been featured in numerous publications including Time Magazine and Black Enterprise Magazine.
- Dirk Brockmann - A theoretical physicist at the Max Planck Institute in Germany working on mapping the movement of money across populations in order to predict the spread of infectious diseases. His work has been featured in the journal Nature and The New York Times.
- Jeffrey Schwartz - UCLA-based psychiatrist, neuroscientist and author whose work on neuroplasticity is changing the way we think about the mind and brain architecture, rewiring capacity and function.
As always, a current list of confirmed speakers may be obtained from the 2007 IF speakers page. I'll also post updates here as we go along.