- "Think like a game designer." Nina Simon relates game design to creating better museum experiences at Museum 2.0.
- The National Math Science Initiative is fomenting an expectations revolution. Kentucky is one of the revolutionaries.
- When Earth attacks Mars! The Freakonomics post also links to the important question, "why explore space?"
- If movement is necessary for the sensation of our bodies, can remaining perfectly still contribute to out-of-body experiences? Just a thought.
- Blurring the lines between computing and materials, real-life Transformers might assemble themselves into virtually any shape. Call it "smart matter."
- The day pain died. How could pain have ever been judged a moral good?
- The humble salesperson is drawing scholarly interest.
- Complete with good natured barbs in the news report, UT and Texas A&M will send a pair of cubesats to space this week. Kentucky plans to join them in space.
- I've heard of favoriting a conversation or website, but a spreadsheet?
- Like the scientist, does the "detached designer" exist? If not, is "persuasion design" on the rise?
- The weather on Titan today will be cloudy and slow.
- The image above was taken by MESSENGER on its second flyby of Mercury. It uses a particular technique to map the surface.
Image credit: NASA/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Arizona State University/Carnegie Institution of Washington